Followers

Monday, September 3, 2012

Elitism and it's affect on the subculture

So I recently had my first experience with elitism in my stint in the Gothic subculture. All I can say is it did not feel good in the slightest!

Being called a poser, when one prides herself on her style is quite hurtful.

apparently I'm not Goth because I listen to old 80's style Gothic rock (cough* Bauhaus *cough) and that is apparently not goth....

And I'm the Poser.


This is probably going to be more of a rant than anything else.

Why can't we all just get along and understand that the subculture is about acceptance not who is "gother" than everyone else.

I am so sick and tired of everyone being so intolerant.


I promise I'll have a decent blog post up tomorrow.

Bats and Kisses,
Lady Zendra



2 comments:

  1. How did this happen? Someone called you a poseur for listening to Bauhaus...what the hell. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That and Apparently I stole her style...just drama. I've chosen to just leave her alone.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...