Followers

Thursday, August 23, 2012

My thoughts on Hipster Goths

There has been quite a bit of hype about Hipster Goths. some people like them, others hate their guts. I've decided to post a blog with my opinion on the matter.

As far as I can understand, this is the latest trend among hipsters. They've thrown out their suspenders, large fake glasses, neon colors and tight skinny jeans.


I really have no problem with Hipster goths at all. (dodges rock thrown at head)

I never really hated hipsters, I've actually met some that are really nice. My philosophy is " judge from within"    I really don't approve of people who don't like someone just because they choose to dress in a way that just happens to be popular way to dress.

I'm not saying that it  isn't annoying when people claim to be goth when they clearly don't know anything about it, However Hipster goths will not be the downfall of goth.

The Hardcore Girl by xxxbloodyrosexxx



I mean, I usually go for a more casual dress, which  is what the style of hipster goth usually entails. I find that when one has a lack of funds, more casual style has to be done.
Animal I Have Become by xxxbloodyrosexxx




Common clothing choices for Hipster goths are as follows:

Boys:

  • Skinny jeans in black, gray or white
  • military boots, creepers or sometimes converse
  • black shirts with upside down crosses and other things
  • plaid or black shorts
  • silver necklaces with razor blades or knives
  • studded bracelets
Girls:
  • black skirts of any length, usually short though
  • studded bracelets
  • black shirts 
  • black skinny jeans
  • band shirts
  • pastel hair color
  • black dresses
  • chains
  • upside down crosses
Nu Goth v. Babybats by theeverydaygoth 

I really don't see a problem with hipster goths, lets just live and let live

Goths of all people should know what it's like to be treated poorly just because you have different clothing tastes.

Bats and Kisses,

Lady Zendra


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...