Followers

Monday, August 20, 2012

Manga Review: Bizenghast

The Manga I wish to review today is Bizenghast by M. Alice LeGrow. I found it at a library recently and I decided to give it a try.


Bizenghast is the tale of a young girl, Dinah Wherever. Dinah has the ability to see ghosts and spirits. However, her aunt Jane Addison and her doctor believe that Dinah suffers from Schizophrenia. No one believes Dinah except her closest and only friend Vincent Monroe. 


One day, after sneaking out, Vincent and Dinah visit an old cemetery and enter a tomb. inside they discover they have stumbled upon a Mausoleum  after Dinah reads aloud from a plaque, she discovers that her name is written on a contract which binds her to return to the mausoleum every night to free various ghosts. If she succeeds, she will win her freedom and a reward. If she fails, she will die and stay in the mausoleum as a corpse.


Overall, I thought the story was interesting and the art was amazing. I love the style of art of this manga and I cannot wait to read the next one.
I definitely give this one a rating of:



Read Now or forever wish you had


Bats and kisses, 

Lady Zendra




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...